QVS TECH Thru-Hole VCXO products are available in many configurations. Features include low current consumption, wide pulling range, low voltage options and tight stability. Typical applications include Digital TV-tuner, Digital Video, DVD, Portable MP3 Players, Synthesizers, Computers and Test Equipment. Available with Clipped Sine Wave, HCMOS or LVDS/LPECL output and frequencies up to 750MHz.
VCXO Thru-Hole Mounting
Thru-hole mounting is the process by which component leads are placed into drilled holes on a bare PCB.
Thru-hole VCXO components are best used for high-reliability products that require stronger connections between layers. Where SMT components are secured only by solder on the surface of the board, through-hole component leads run through the board, allowing the components to withstand more environmental stress.
If your system has any of the following requirements, through-hole technology is preferable:
1) Extreme accelerations, collisions or high temperatures
2) Manual adjustments required in test and prototyping applications
3) Product is for the military or aerospace
4) Component(s) are subject to frequent mechanical stress
5) Large, high-power or high-voltage parts involved, for example in power circuitry
6) Manual prototype or component level repair frequently required
7) Direct interface with breadboard required
8) Potting compounds go through thermal cycling
9) Special electrical, mechanical and/or thermal considerations/requirements
Please contact us at 760-929-8677 to receive a free quote or to receive more information on VCXO SMD or Thru-Hole oscillators.